Friday 28 April 2017

Gunung Yong Belar- pre trip preparation

This will be my second G7 to explore after Gunung Tahan..wayyyyy back in 1995. I am not sure whether how my stamina will be like. So far this year, I went to Bukit Kutu, did it in less than 7 hours, Gunung Tok Wan twice with improved time. And Broga almost every month just to maintain my stamina plus kaki gatal nak hiking juga.

For this Gunung Yong Belar, we are planning to go next month- 20-21st May. I am still doing some study on the route, preparation on backpack, trek etc. Must be a whole different experience at this age carrying backpack. So a load training is a must. We are planning to go to Nuang via Janda Baik for this load training.

For reference, this is the images from Google Earth of Gunung Yong Belar.



So far we have arranged for four wheel drive and guide, still arranging the permit. Permit is a must, please be a responsible hiker.

So..here's a list for 2 days and 1 night trip..I have been to 8 days and 7 night trip but with a simple army haversack and only spike boot, but people nowadays go for branded stuff..hhaha:

Packing list:
Backpack,
Hiking Shoes and sock + tembakau- untuk elak PACAT
T shirt, pants, gloves, hat if needed
Personal stuff
First Aid Kit- check before the trip (I always bring minyak gamat as well, dah tua kan.. :)
Tent, fly and ground
Food and drinks (i usually bring energy bar, fruits, dates, raisins)
Poncho
Plastik sampah
Kain batik (optional)
Bring enough water
Own medication (I only suffered asthma since last 3 years, so now I always bring those two inhaler)

Next update will be on our Load Training

No comments:

Post a Comment