Sunday 28 May 2017

Gunung Yong Belar 2D1N

PART 02

PEWAIIII.....

Jam menunjukkan pukul 5.00 petang, dak naikkk..turunnn..naikkk...turunnnn...false peak dah berapa kali, lumpur dah banyak di kasut, seluar dan stokin..tanda-tanda nak sampai ke Kem Kasut tak nampak lagi..ahhh sudah..

It started to rain, grey clouds above us, it was drizzling, mentally tortured and physically tiring. Took out my poncho..but not comfortable wearing it coz it kept blocking my view during descend. Bumped into other hikers, they said another 2 hours from here..WHATT..??oh nooo..

(credit: Kodin)
To make things worse..a friend was having multiple leg cramp, almost every 40 minutes, I was afraid to walk alone so I waited for them..Resting with heavy load, almost dark even though it wasn't 7.00 pm yet, it made me stress.

We could hear from walkie talkie that the campsite is not that far..but the spirit already LOW..kept dragging my feet..by this time it was offically PEWAI moment..no more smile, no more selfie or wefie, no more observing nature and what not like I used to do..The main objective is to reach Kem Kasut before magrib oiii...mana boleh jalan dalam hutan time magrib..

While we were fighting with our mind, our guide came and showed us the trek ..we followed him but our sweeper had this 'thought'..haha..he thought what if he is actually not our guide but a GHOST..coz it's already dark and almost magrib.

I was so tired, keep on hiking..and at one point, I thought that I saw a fly sheet and I said..'dah sampai'..but to my surprised, it was just a tree and light and shadow played my mind..ohhh nooo..By this time, my husband already reached Kem Kasut, guide reported through walkie talkie..I felt relieved as he could set up my hammock first.

The rest of the team members (4 people) kept on hiking with many mumbling and rantings..'mana ni..?, bila nak sampai ni..?'..it was a normal condition in this situation.

By this time, I just walked ..and walked ignoring the mud, I just want to reach and rest and eat and sleep..that's it.

As we walked in the dark, we finally heard voices and saw lights from hanging lamp bought in PD..I couldn't figure out which is was our team. I just walked and later saw my husband, saw Jaja and Ezra was sitting on the ground sheet. We felt relieved but the adventure does not stop there.

My feet was so tired and cold due to soaking wet socks..I gave my hammock and ground to him, while he was busy with setting up my hammock, I sat down and talked to myself that this will be my last G7 trip..as this is my second G7,..I am too old for this shit..yupp..I said that at that point..I did really wash my face, just my hand. Waited for him to warm my pre-cooked food (we brought Brahim's nasi beriyani)..I was so hungry, I took out an apple from my backpack, wipe it on my shawl and just ate it..ohh no..against my principle..but hey sometimes we need to adjust, adapt and adopt..or even evolve to survive..

He handed me nasi beriyani, I was still at the same spot, eating directly from the plastic bag..just took a sip from my mineral water..COLD..put it back..I was sitting and not moving, CT asked me whether I was reading..ahha..totally PEWAI ...

Chilled wind crossing our area..we knew that it was going to be cold that night..

Unfortunately, my husband did not bring a sweater or windbreaker..poor guy..

I decided to call it a day, did not help the team, I just put on my snow cap, clean socks, buff, windbreaker and covered myself with kain batik jawa..try to sleep in my hammock, it was chilly..14 degree Celcius..Hubby wore my jacket and covered himself with emergency blanket.

I saw tree trunk, tree canopy from my hammock, put a warmer pad bought at Daiso in between my knee..prayed for a good night and a good day tomorrow for summit push..zzZZZZ

End of day 01

To be continue


No comments:

Post a Comment