Monday 29 May 2017

Gunung Yong Belar 2D1N

PART 03

Menuju puncak...

20th May 2017 (Sunday)


I could hear Jaja and Ezra were talking..they can't stand the cold coz the wind was blowing from their side and I was lucky coz they already blocked the wind to my hammock. Sooo..I slept like a log. We were supposed to wake up at 4.00am and left for the summit at 5.00am. Everybody was tired and some of them woke up at 5.00am.

I really needed to brush my teeth, I sat on my ground sheet and under the dim light, press the toothpaste tube onto my brush. I was excited coz I did not brush my teeth last night..another rules broken...haha...I brush two strokes and screammmmmmm !!!!...arghhhhh....huhuuuuuu......It was damn hot and spicy and stinging..it was actually my ubat otot..ubat panas...I had to used cold water and spit them out ..arghh..what a way to start my morning.

We packed some of our stuff and put them into our hammock..put on new socks..wet hiking shoes..huhu

By 6.00am we were ready with our headlamp, orange t-shirt..our theme for Yong Belar trip, hiking pole,..I only ate one kurma and some water. We headed to summit in the dark, estimated to reach the summit within 1 or 1.5 hours depending on pace. So we hiked..and hiked..muddy trek again, Yong Belar is well known for its muddy trek. 

By almost 7.00 am we already see a bit of light from behind, we split into two groups as always ..mossy forest sooth our view and tiredness..few minutes later we heard..'tak jauh dah'..and there was a sign that we almost there where the trees are different and we could see the sky bit by bit..

I heard my husband said Allahhuakbar many times..then he said..'cepatt...i nak peluk you..'..ohhh what a relief..I saw them..I saw him putting on his backpack on the ground..we hugged each other..congratulated each other..FINALLY..10 of us at the peak of Mount Yong Belar at 7.20 am, 3rd highest mountain in Peninsular Malaysia..

(credit: Kodin and CT)
Geng laki dengan guide kami yg paling kiri dan paling tinggi dna paling laju dan paling tak pewai..huhu
From left: Guide (Amri), Jalal, Shahir, Haffis (my husband), Budi, Kodin and our great sweper Milo.

Yeahhh..no pain no gain yeahh..with banner made by our kids. Since we were early and the first group, we had a chance to watch the clouds that most hikers are chasing...AWAN KARPET..it was amazing.



Allahhuakhbar..MashaAllah..what a view..kannn..

Yuhooo....awak disana..kami akan pi nanti..tunggu kami Yong Yap...kalau ada rezeki dan kekuatan, dengan IzinNya..

We were at the summit for almost an hour..it was a memorable moment, for most of them Yong Belar is their first G7, for me this is my second G7, Shahir's 3rd and Jalal's second after Korbu..


(credit: CT)
A rare wefie post from us at the top of the mountain.

(credit: CT/Kodin)
Four crazy bunch of ladies

We left for Kem Kasut at almost 8.30am..with a smile on our face..with satisfaction..all made it without major injury. We met other hikers along the trek and push them to hurry otherwise they are not going to catch awan karpet.

To be continue >>>




No comments:

Post a Comment